Jun 17, 2005
Application Deadline: Electronic or hard copy applications must be received by Dwight_Luginbill@fws.gov by close of business (COB) on June 17, 2005 (4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time). Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered for funding.
|cost sharing, matching:
|number of awards:
|type of funding:
Cooperative Agreement, Grant
The Stockton Fish and Wildlife Office (STFWO), Aquatic Nuisance Species Program is soliciting proposals to implement priorities in the National Management Plan for the Genus Eriocheir (Mitten Crabs). Total funding available may be as much as $50,000 for 1-3 projects. Successful awards will be made through grants or cooperative agreements.
High priority action items from the National Management Plan for the Genus Eriocheir will be considered for funding. The goals of this National Management Plan for the Genus Eriocheir are to prevent or delay the spread of Eriocheir species to new areas and to reduce the negative impacts of existing Eriocheir populations in U.S. waters. On the basis of these goals five primary objectives have been developed:
1. To prevent new introductions and spread of mitten crabs in U.S. waters.
2. To develop methods of detecting new populations of mitten crabs in areas where they are not currently present.
3. To monitor existing mitten crab populations.
4. To reduce the negative impacts of existing populations.
5. To develop strategies and methods to control and manage existing populations.
The National Management Plan for the Genus Eriocheir can be found on the internet at:
Who can apply:
Eligible functional categories:
Fish and Wildlife Management Assistance
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
Department of Interior, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Region 1